Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Anyone ever tried or been successful in retrieving an ARP table from Cisco ASA or FWSM in Airwave?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Anyone ever tried or been successful in retrieving an ARP table from Cisco ASA or FWSM in Airwave?

Posted Nov 09, 2012 09:26 AM

The ASA or FWSM have their ARP tables in MIB .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.35.1.4 , which doesn't appear to be polled by any of the built in device definitions in Airwave (I've tried Cisco Catalyst Switch, Cisco WLC, Universal Device, and Router/Switch). Most of the times I can add the device and get some information such as up/down status and interface counts, but the ARP table is never retrieved.

Apparently there should be a way to do it using the 'Custom' device and scripting, but I lack experience in this area. If anyone else has  managed to do this I'd be interested in learning how.

• 2.  RE: Anyone ever tried or been successful in retrieving an ARP table from Cisco ASA or FWSM in Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2012 01:43 PM

Cisco ASA and FWSM are currently not supported devices.  AMP also currently doesn't do anything with that MIB value for any of the generic device types (this includes the 'custom device' type).  This feature should be filed on the Idea Portal (https://support.arubanetworks.com/onlinecase/OnlineIdea.aspx).

I'm not familiar with any easy way to script or patch this, so if you do find a way that works, I'd like to know too.