Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?

Posted Jan 08, 2014 04:08 AM

Hi Airheads,

I have a client that would like to use the 3g connectivity on this RAP3-WNP. He would like to use Alcatel X220 dongle.

modem_alcatel_X220_176x98.jpg

Is there any configruation tips / or thing i should consider before deploying it?

Here is some info about the Alcatel X220:

http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/mobile_broadband/ot-x220.html#.Us0VDYWAo6U

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Me

• 2.  RE: Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2014 08:02 AM

Hello

As far i know it doesnt work with any 3g device...

I gave up when i saw this list

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/interoperability/#3GEVDOUSBModemsforRemoteAccessPoints

look in there to see if your 3g modem is listed there... and as far i see is not.

So whenever a aclient ask me for that i have to tell them that it jsut work with some North America 3g usb modem or some other country,  it doesnt work with panamenian ones :P

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?

Posted Jan 09, 2014 04:48 PM
    Thanks on gr8 info

• 4.  RE: Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?

Posted Jan 09, 2014 04:51 PM
    You are welcome!
    You should come back to the forum! Long time I havent seen you!
    Cheers
    Carlos

• 5.  RE: Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?

Posted Jan 09, 2014 04:53 PM

You are completely right :) I'm a bit busy with a lot of Aruba deployments <- That's good also :)

I will do it!

• 6.  RE: Anyone got tips on how to configre and enable alcatel x220 (3g stick) to work with RAP3-WNP?

Posted Jan 09, 2014 04:56 PM
    Yeah it happens!!
    I sometimes gone for a while but you have gone for a big while hahaha

But good yes many aruba deployments:)
    Hope to see you soon on the forums again!
    Cheers
    Carlos