Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Ap 325 Slow Wifi Speed.

Hello i have over 400 AP configured in a Alcatel controller ( AP-105) working fine, with full speed, i just install 8 AP-325 in a switch Alcatel switch POE + 6250- P24 registered in the same controller with the same profile . But APs are not workingat full speed.Anyone knows what can be happen? maybe poe+? LLDP? This  AP or Switch need extra configuration? Thanks!

ap325slow.png

ap325 slow.png

Re: Ap 325 Slow Wifi Speed.

What exactly isn't working at full speed? If you run the below command and look at the tech-support, it will show the negotiated POE power. Is LLDP configured on the AP switch ports as well?

show ap tech-support ap-name XXXX

The AP105 are 11n and the AP-325 are 11ac, have you made the necessary adjustments in the radio profiles as well to enable the full use of 11ac?

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

hello 325 APs are working with 65mbps conecction in 2,4Ghz band . unable to work in 5Ghz. I think the cause could be de POE+.

Why the aPS are not using 30 Wats? only 7 -9 Wats? is this normal? The POE is negotiated LLDP via?

Guru Elite

You are right, it is not normal.  Like the Zalion above said obtain the tech support of the AP with the problem on the commandline of the controller:

show ap tech-support ap-name <name of ap>

Screenshot 2017-11-18 at 05.45.46.png

Above is the output of an AP that is working.  Initially when it booted up, the "Current Hardware State" did not negotiate LLDP yet.  In the end the "Operational State" negotiated LLDP and got 20.2 watts and has POE-AT power.

Do you have LLDP enabled on that port?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hello, how can enable LLDP on this port? The output of the tech support command displays 0.0Wats I just attached a screen shoot

LLDP power Status aruba ap 325.JPG

Guru Elite

What version of ArubaOS code is this?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

6.6.5 ... Is mandatory to enable LLDP on port? how can i do ?

Is that the correct firmware version, I believe 6.5.x is the latest ArubaOS release. Is LLDP enabled on your switch, this is the important part.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

I think that is enabled, but maybe need anything more.

lldp status.JPG

Guru Elite

802.1 tlv needs to be enabled.  That is LLDP.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: