Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ap in VRF marked RED

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Ap in VRF marked RED

Posted Jan 31, 2013 04:56 AM

Hi To All

good morning

I have a controler with aruba os 6.1.3.5 and airwave with 7.5.x version.

For some reason there are AP's at the VRF in the airwave that are marked with red. it wasnt like this before and no AP had being moved from its original location.

can anyone tell me why?

Thanks in Advance

me.

• 2.  RE: Ap in VRF marked RED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 11:37 AM

There's a few situations where the APs will show as 'red' depending on your VRF preferences.  If you click on the gear at the top right of the VRF frame to bring up preferences, and then choose 'APs' from the drop down.  Which settings do you have currently enabled?  This will help determine why an AP may be colored 'red'.

vrf pref ap.png

The default option is 'AP Status' which will color a device 'red' if it is down.

• 3.  RE: Ap in VRF marked RED

Posted Feb 02, 2013 11:43 AM

Hi

its marked red on AP location.

• 4.  RE: Ap in VRF marked RED

Posted Feb 02, 2013 01:41 PM

rgin - Thanks on the detailed answer.

So why the AirWaveVisualRF showing Aruba's AP as suspect?! (That's what Naor asking)

Do we need to configure something in the RAPIDS?

Please advise.

Thanks and have a lovely weekend.

Birenbaum Asa

• 5.  RE: Ap in VRF marked RED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2013 02:18 PM

The temporary solution is to uncheck 'AP Location' highlighting from the APs preference settings.

This issue is isolated to only VisualRF processed data, so no changes around the AMP will currently fix this issue, besides hiding the message with the above temporary solution.  This is currently a known defect: DE13741.