Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ap105 remote site no radio up

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Ap105 remote site no radio up

Posted Aug 24, 2014 07:43 PM

I have 3x105 APs that I am trying to get working over an MPLS network. My Aruba 620 controller is sitting in a datacentre and the 3 APs are located at 3 different sites.

I could not get the APs to work with DHCP or DNS however all other systems at the site work fine. I ended up setting up static details in the APs and connected them directly to the controllers. The APs downloaded the initial image and booted up fine with the Radios coming online. I set the APs up using the RAPs using the wizards on the controller.

I then changed the IPs and move the APs to the remote sites. Once in place the boot up and on the controller I can see the APs as active (The IP is also updated) . However the radios never come up and eventually the APs reboot.

Could someone give me some advice on where my configuration may have gone wrong? I have not been able to find a log that has any pertinent information in it.

Thanks

Chris

• 2.  RE: Ap105 remote site no radio up

Posted Aug 24, 2014 08:13 PM

Check what primary LMS is set in the AP Group for the RAPs (105s).   When you moved the APs to the remote sites, did you also change the LMS IP that they need to terminate on?

• 3.  RE: Ap105 remote site no radio up

Posted Aug 25, 2014 01:30 AM

In the AP profile for the access points the LMS was blank. I entered the controllers IP (which has not changed) but the AP is now shown as down constantly. Before it was up /down cycle every 3 mins or so. 

• 4.  RE: Ap105 remote site no radio up

Posted Aug 25, 2014 10:23 AM

Leaving it blank is fine (the RAPs will terminate on the controller they were provisioned against in this case).

When the APs reboot, what does the system log on the controller show?  It should provide some mention of the reboot; and possibly a reason:

show log system | include <MAC-of-RAP>