Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AppRF v2 supported Platform

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AppRF v2 supported Platform

Posted Mar 05, 2014 03:51 AM

For the new 6.4 and AppRF v2, i have uploaded the image to a 3400 controller and when i try to create a policy it shows that:

Note: Application rule will not be applied to unsupported platform

So which platforms are supported ? I heard only 72xx series (and the new version from them to be relased) but couldn't find an official document, anybody has that ?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

and FYI i tried the policies and doesn't work nothing is blocked so for sure the 3400 is not supported (unless i'm doing something wrong :) )

#6.4

• 2.  RE: AppRF v2 supported Platform
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: AppRF v2 supported Platform

Posted Mar 05, 2014 04:02 AM

that was fast :) thanks a lot

• 4.  RE: AppRF v2 supported Platform

Posted Jul 09, 2014 09:51 AM

So from how I read that document on AppRF 2.0 there are only limitations based on the controller model? 

Are there any limitations based on AP Model?  I currently have a pair of 7210 Controllers but a mixture of AP Models

AP-65 (working to replace with AP-115 to get 6.4 support)

AP-105

AP-115

RAP-3WN for Wired Guest Access

• 5.  RE: AppRF v2 supported Platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 09:54 AM
    It's a combination of controller and code.

6.4 is required for AppRF 2.0, so if you're AP's aren't supported in 6.4, then you'd need to replace those APs before you upgrade your controller code.

• 6.  RE: AppRF v2 supported Platform

Posted Jul 09, 2014 09:59 AM

Ok sounds good.  Planning to get rid of the old AP-65 just didn't know if it was going to be anything like 6.3 I think it was with Client Match that both AP-65 and 105 can run 6.3 but features Client Match were shut off based on AP model.  Sounds like that is not the case with these.