Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AppRF?

Posted Dec 01, 2014 11:02 PM

What controller series is AppRF available on? I'm looking around and it looks like 7000 series, I'm also assuming that it may require a speciifc license to work?

• 2.  RE: AppRF?

Posted Dec 01, 2014 11:30 PM
    • AppRF visibility is supported on all controller platforms.
    • AppRF control (ability to set policy dynamically) is supported only on 70xx and 72xx controllers
    • AppRF requires the PEFNG license

• 3.  RE: AppRF?

Posted Dec 02, 2014 06:05 PM

• AppRF visibility is supported on all controller platforms

How is this done on the controller? I can't seem to find anything other than enabling on IAP's, unless this is part of the firewall services that now show application data but if so can it be tweeked as majority of the information I see is pretty useless. Could be my missunderstanding but I thought AppRF would basically show all source/destination information from a user on wireless.

• 4.  RE: AppRF?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2014 06:07 PM
    There are multiple methods that are used. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• 5.  RE: AppRF?

Posted Dec 03, 2014 11:12 AM
      |   view attached

I'm assuming this is AppRF visual data on the controllers as I've never seen anything referencing AppRF. I know on the 7K series there is a tab on the right that says AppRF I believe.

• 6.  RE: AppRF?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2014 12:09 PM
    I'm confused. I thought you were using instant?

• 7.  RE: AppRF?

Posted Dec 03, 2014 12:33 PM

No sorry, I'm using 3000/6000 series controllers runing 6.3.1.5 code. Probably confused you when I said "How is this done on the controller? I can't seem to find anything other than enabling on IAP's" :)

Maybe I'm just confused with AppRF in general

• 8.  RE: AppRF?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2014 12:41 PM
    AppRF in 6.3 gives you visibility.
    AppRF in 6.4 w/ 7-series controllers allows you to control traffic (block, throttle, prioritize)

• 9.  RE: AppRF?

Posted Dec 03, 2014 12:47 PM

@cappalli wrote:
    AppRF in 6.3 gives you visibility.
    AppRF in 6.4 w/ 7-series controllers allows you to control traffic (block, throttle, prioritize)

So is that correct on the screen I showed on firewall portion the AppRF visibility?

• 10.  RE: AppRF?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2014 12:49 PM
    Yes. It's relabeled as AppRF in later code.