Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple Keynote

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Apple Keynote

Posted Jan 17, 2017 11:52 AM

Anybody know how to get Apple Keynote working on an Aruba 7210 version 6.4.3.4 with Airgroup/Airgroup MDNS/Airgroup DLNA enabled? I did a packet capture of Keynote working on a different WiFi system and saw it uses a service called _KeynotePair._tcp. I added and enabled _KeynotePair._tcp in the Airgroup allowed services but still not working :( Anybody have any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Apple Keynote

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 11:59 AM
    Why would Keynote need L2 discovery?

• 3.  RE: Apple Keynote

Posted Jan 17, 2017 12:09 PM

Don't have a specific answer for your question I guess but I had a problem with another app (Google Expeditions) and once I added the service to Airgroup enabled services it worked. I don't know specifically how Apple Keynote.

• 4.  RE: Apple Keynote

Posted Jan 18, 2017 08:03 AM
      |   view attached

It uses it to search for remotes so you can use your iDevice as a remote via wifi. I've included a screenshot from bonjour browser that shows the traffic I see while on an Apple Airport. I only see _keynotecontrol._tcp while on the Aruba network.

• 5.  RE: Apple Keynote
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:08 AM

I believe the solution was to add both of the following services to the allowed Airgroup services:

_keynotecontrol._tcp

_keynotepair._tcp