Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple TV on Enterprise Networks

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Apple TV on Enterprise Networks

Posted Dec 16, 2016 01:40 PM

We have begun deploying out Apple TVs onto our wireless 802.1x network. The deployment goes fine, no problems getting the AppleTVs to connect, but it appears that for some AppleTVs they loose their timestamp after being connected.

It almost seems random, but I believe that it has something to do with the lack of using the Apple TV (i.e. it sits in a room for more than 5 days and it looses the timestamp.

We have enabled the "no sleep" function on them, but a few days later it lost its time-stamp again... Each time this happens we have to connect the Apple TV to an open network to grab an updated timestamp.

Anyone having these issues? In my testing before deployment I pulled the power on the Apple TV probably over 10 times over a few days - what I never did was let the Apple TV sit for a week.

• 2.  RE: Apple TV on Enterprise Networks

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2016 06:41 PM

Did you ever look at this article?  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Apple-TV-EAP-PEAP-Configuration-Clock-Fix/ba-p/143391

Maybe you can message the author.