Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

Posted Mar 11, 2017 06:25 AM

Hi,

What are the most appropriate ways of determining the AP uptime and Radio up time for Aruba APs?

Are: "show ap-active" and "show ap bss-table ap-name <ap-name>/show ap remote bss-table <ap-name> " are the only means to do this?

• 2.  RE: Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2017 06:26 AM

Those are the most reliable ways to do it.  Is there another format that you want it in?

• 3.  RE: Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

Posted Mar 11, 2017 06:33 AM

Thanks Joseph,

In my case when I verify the status of Campus and Mesh APs, the radio up times that is see in "show ap bss-table ap-name <ap-name>" is different from what I see in "show ap remote bss-table <ap-name>.

Which one should I consider as the most accurate one to determine the radio up time?

• 4.  RE: Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

Posted Mar 11, 2017 06:55 AM

My main concern is determining the radio uptimes on the controller.

Is the "tot-t" value in the show ap bss-table <ap-name> helps determine the radio up time for that AP?

What are the possible reason for the radio-uptime to reset?

Is change of channel on an AP too resets this value?

• 5.  RE: Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2017 07:25 AM

tot-t is the radio uptime, yes.

Things that cause a radio restart are here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/AP_Config/Imp_Points_to_Remember.htm

A change in channel does not reset the radio.