Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

Hi,

What are the most appropriate ways of determining the AP uptime and Radio up time for Aruba APs?

Are: "show ap-active" and "show ap bss-table ap-name <ap-name>/show ap remote bss-table <ap-name> " are the only means to do this?

Guru Elite

Re: Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

Those are the most reliable ways to do it.  Is there another format that you want it in?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Appropriate way of determining AP uptime & Radio up time for Aruba Aps from controller?

Thanks Joseph,

In my case when I verify the status of Campus and Mesh APs, the radio up times that is see in "show ap bss-table ap-name <ap-name>" is different from what I see in "show ap remote bss-table <ap-name>.

Which one should I consider as the most accurate one to determine the radio up time?

My main concern is determining the radio uptimes on the controller.

Is the "tot-t" value in the show ap bss-table <ap-name> helps determine the radio up time for that AP?

What are the possible reason for the radio-uptime to reset?

Is change of channel on an AP too resets this value?

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

tot-t is the radio uptime, yes.

Things that cause a radio restart are here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/AP_Config/Imp_Points_to_Remember.htm

A change in channel does not reset the radio.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: