Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

Posted Nov 17, 2011 09:28 PM

Hi Guys,

new to the Aruba gear. I am changing networks for the Aruba gear. from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.2.x. I can see where to change the mobility controller ip, but how do i do this for the APs

Ideally we'd want the ap's on dhcp and relaying dhcp.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:00 PM

What is supplying DHCP for the APs now?  That is what you change.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:16 PM

I think its another router. But I cannot confirm. It might not be. I'm locked out of this router. If it's been statically set, what do I do?

• 4.  RE: Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:19 PM

To be clear, you want to change the ip address that APs get?  If yes, that would be changed on whatever device is supplying DHCP now.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:26 PM

Sure, but if the APs have a static ip address assigned through the mobility controller, how do I change this? From what I can see I need to click on provision?

To change the mobility controller I believe I just have to change the IP and Subnet mask in the vlan section and add new static route for the new gateway, correct?

Sorry for the stupid questions. I think I'll do a course in this soon.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 200 Mobility Controller and 105 APS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:28 PM

If the APs are up, you can go to configuration> Wireless> AP installation.  Click on your AP and then click on provision.  Yes.