Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

Posted Sep 29, 2017 06:08 AM

Hi all.

I have 158 aruba 205 iap. my problem is only 128  only iap's visible to the virtual controller. is it possible that I can add another virtual controller with same network? 

Thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

Posted Sep 29, 2017 06:23 AM

I think unlimited AP per 1 subnet for using VC.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

Posted Sep 30, 2017 11:02 AM

Hi,

as said before the IAP cluster must be in the same subent (Vlan) , since it use a layer 2 IAP use layer 2 protocol to exchange management traffic.

please try to check your switch configuration and see if all your IAP are in the same VLAN or not , and be sure that there is no firewall or routeur that can block the traffic.

to be honnest  in your case a Controllre based architecture is recommanded , you can also use an Airwave Appliance , that will give you more management and visiblity option.

Regards

• 4.  RE: Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

Posted Sep 30, 2017 11:10 AM

just another point,

128 AP by cluster is a recommandation

• 5.  RE: Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

Posted Oct 01, 2017 10:51 PM

Thanks alot for the info.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 06:23 AM

You cannot have more than 1 Virtual Controller in the same broadcast domain. The 30 missing IAP's may have different switch port configurations which is why they cannot be seen by the existing Virtual Controller....or you have auto-join disabled in the Virtual Controller config.