Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

Hi all.

I have 158 aruba 205 iap. my problem is only 128  only iap's visible to the virtual controller. is it possible that I can add another virtual controller with same network? 

Thanks a lot.

Re: Aruba 205 IAP with virtual controller

You cannot have more than 1 Virtual Controller in the same broadcast domain. The 30 missing IAP's may have different switch port configurations which is why they cannot be seen by the existing Virtual Controller....or you have auto-join disabled in the Virtual Controller config.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Contributor II

I think unlimited AP per 1 subnet for using VC.

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.

Hi,

as said before the IAP cluster must be in the same subent (Vlan) , since it use a layer 2 IAP use layer 2 protocol to exchange management traffic.

please try to check your switch configuration and see if all your IAP are in the same VLAN or not , and be sure that there is no firewall or routeur that can block the traffic.

to be honnest  in your case a Controllre based architecture is recommanded , you can also use an Airwave Appliance , that will give you more management and visiblity option.

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]

just another point,

128 AP by cluster is a recommandation

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
New Contributor

Thanks alot for the info.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: