Wireless Access

Contributor I

Aruba 3200 drops clients

I have a mobility controller 3200, and four ap 125s.

I also have a cisco aironet 3600 (just one, no controller)

When clients are on the aruba gear, they routinely get booted off the wireless network, but absolutely never from the cisco, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. 

I'm not good enough with the aruba equipment to really be successful in figuring out how to troubleshoot this either. 

is there a way to 'watch' a specific mac address and find every log associated with it to sort out why it's dropping off the network?

I'm running AirOS 6.4.4.9, by the way - its the latest version of AirOS that I think this controller will run.

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 3200 drops clients

Do you have "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast" enabled on all of your Virtual APS?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Nope!

Contributor II

A good point to start can be to debug a specific user. You can enable debug for a specific user with below command:

(Jibran-TEST) (config) #logging level debugging user-debug <mac> 

Jibran Aziz
ACDX | ACCP | ACMP | ACMA | CCIE (RnS, SP, DC) | JNCIS | JNCIA
Guru Elite

Viss wrote:

Nope!

Okay.  Please do that and retest.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Apologies for the delay.

Turning on the dropping of unknown multicast didn't change the behavior at all.

Guru Elite

Please PM me your email address so I can send you a link for your tech support..

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: