Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba 5412R zl2 is restarting - Reason for system reboot: Watchdog reset

Hi,

I have an Aruba 5412R zl2 switch. For the last two days, the switch reboots about every 8 hours. It has two management modules, but the issue exists with either of them connected or with both of them connected. After each reboot the log shows something like this:

I 09/02/17 11:15:30 00062 system: AM1: System went down without saving crash information
I 09/02/17 11:15:30 03006 system: AM1: Reason for system reboot: Watchdog reset

Is there any possibility to disable the watchdog to avoid the restart?

Thank you,
Florin
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 5412R zl2 is restarting - Reason for system reboot: Watchdog reset

What version of code is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Firmware 16.04.008

A watchdog is something that checks the functioning of your system, and restart the system when components stop responding (properly). This is done in the hope that after a restart, things will be better.

Restarts due to watchdog timeout indicate a serious issue with your hardware/software. And periodic watchdog issues should be investigated by Techsupport.

Please contact Aruba Techsupport/TAC. Contact details are in my signature.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
New Contributor

I did that, but they are moving slowly. Until then, I am trying to disable this watchdog. So, is there any possibility to do this?

I'm not sure on that; TAC should be able to help you with that question for a workaround.

If you believe TAC should be moving quicker, feel free to use the escalation procedure described here, as having a network interruption every 8 hours seems unacceptable to me.

How to Escalate an Issue?
Customer concerns about support usually involve missed expectations on product performance or support delivery where a technical issue is not resolved in a reasonable manner. Attending to customer concerns is very critical to Aruba. To ensure the quickest resolution, please contact the engineer that is working the support case and request for an escalation. If you have any specific comments or concerns regarding our products, support and/or services, and would like to escalate to Aruba support management, please contact us at Aruba-Escalations@hpe.com.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: