Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Aruba 650 - Is there a way to escape the initial configuration dialog?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 650 - Is there a way to escape the initial configuration dialog?

Posted Jan 09, 2013 10:05 AM

Is there a way to escape the initial configuration dialog?  I am writing some scripts for the Aruba 650 controller.  From a cleared configuration is there any method for to escape from the configuration dialog?  The best I could come up with is to cut and paste the following:

master
    none
    yes
    EST-5:0
    00:00:00
    1/10/2013
    password
    password
    password
    password
    no
    yes

Then when it controller comes back up, then I have to reset the management vlan to 200, then reload again, then run the rest of the scipt to configure the ports and other items. 

Is there a better way?  How do people deploy these devices quickly?  I am pretty new to the platform and have a deployment project.  Deployments are cookie cutter with the exception of IP Space.  Using the FIPS image.  Already been locked out a few times playing with configuration backups.  I am looking for the most efficient way to get these out of the box configured and ready for deployment.  I am not sure that there really is a correct answer other than you can by the dialog or not.  Mostly looking for information on how to deploy efficiently.  Thanks.  

Douglas