Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question

Posted Nov 02, 2012 02:51 PM

To make a long story short, previous IT person had a vendor install a Aruba 650 with 2 Aps (105s) , 4hour trade off with former IT left a lot to be desired. The SBS 2003 machine that was the system died, with it went the wireless network. I could not get the old setup back and working so I cleared the config and started following the best practices WLAN base config instructions. I have the server requirements setup and have started the controller configurations. I am stuck on the #interface fastethernet command. According to the Aruba 6.0 command line interface reference guide the <slot> should be 1 on a 600 series, but I cannot find a reference on what the embedded network interface <port> should be. The WLAN base config guide is written for a 2000 series without references to where to get the configuration data for other controllers.

any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Brian 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2012 04:12 PM

Type "show port status" and it will tell you all the names of the interfaces on that controller.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question

Posted Nov 06, 2012 02:43 PM

The "show port status" worked great, found it was just an issue due to useing fastethernet command when I have gigabit ports. I got throught the CLI part of the  best practices WLAN base configuration controller set up.

I have been following the Best practices WLAN base configuration guide, but I found your (cjoseph) post on zero touch provisioning with the 105 APs (posted on 5-5-2010).

I have 2 105 APs wired POE into my internal network, I don't have a ULR setup on the 650 controller so I set the "setenv master" command to the controller's IP, and changed the "setenv remote_ap 1" to the AP name I assigned on the RAP whitelist. Now will zero touch provisioning work when pointed at an IP or is this intended to be a remote only function?

I plan to continue following the guide to set up my WLAN  are there any adjustments  in WLAN setup I need when useing zero touch?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2012 02:58 PM

@hempiestad wrote:

The "show port status" worked great, found it was just an issue due to useing fastethernet command when I have gigabit ports. I got throught the CLI part of the  best practices WLAN base configuration controller set up.

I have been following the Best practices WLAN base configuration guide, but I found your (cjoseph) post on zero touch provisioning with the 105 APs (posted on 5-5-2010).

I have 2 105 APs wired POE into my internal network, I don't have a ULR setup on the 650 controller so I set the "setenv master" command to the controller's IP, and changed the "setenv remote_ap 1" to the AP name I assigned on the RAP whitelist. Now will zero touch provisioning work when pointed at an IP or is this intended to be a remote only function?

I plan to continue following the guide to set up my WLAN  are there any adjustments  in WLAN setup I need when useing zero touch?

Thank you

It should work but:

1.  You need a RAP Pool Setup

2.  You need the AP whitelisted

3.  The AP needs to be able to reach the IP address of the controller.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question

Posted Jan 17, 2013 11:25 AM

Hi Cjoseph,

can you please share zero touch configuration link.?

thank you