Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba 650 WLAN base configuration #interface fastethernet port question

To make a long story short, previous IT person had a vendor install a Aruba 650 with 2 Aps (105s) , 4hour trade off with former IT left a lot to be desired. The SBS 2003 machine that was the system died, with it went the wireless network. I could not get the old setup back and working so I cleared the config and started following the best practices WLAN base config instructions. I have the server requirements setup and have started the controller configurations. I am stuck on the #interface fastethernet command. According to the Aruba 6.0 command line interface reference guide the <slot> should be 1 on a 600 series, but I cannot find a reference on what the embedded network interface <port> should be. The WLAN base config guide is written for a 2000 series without references to where to get the configuration data for other controllers.

any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Brian 

Guru Elite

Type "show port status" and it will tell you all the name...

Type "show port status" and it will tell you all the names of the interfaces on that controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Type "show port status" and it will tell you all the name...

The "show port status" worked great, found it was just an issue due to useing fastethernet command when I have gigabit ports. I got throught the CLI part of the  best practices WLAN base configuration controller set up.

I have been following the Best practices WLAN base configuration guide, but I found your (cjoseph) post on zero touch provisioning with the 105 APs (posted on 5-5-2010).

I have 2 105 APs wired POE into my internal network, I don't have a ULR setup on the 650 controller so I set the "setenv master" command to the controller's IP, and changed the "setenv remote_ap 1" to the AP name I assigned on the RAP whitelist. Now will zero touch provisioning work when pointed at an IP or is this intended to be a remote only function?

I plan to continue following the guide to set up my WLAN  are there any adjustments  in WLAN setup I need when useing zero touch?

Thank you

Guru Elite

hempiestad wrote:

The "show port status" worked great, found it was just an issue due to useing fastethernet command when I have gigabit ports. I got throught the CLI part of the  best practices WLAN base configuration controller set up.

I have been following the Best practices WLAN base configuration guide, but I found your (cjoseph) post on zero touch provisioning with the 105 APs (posted on 5-5-2010).

I have 2 105 APs wired POE into my internal network, I don't have a ULR setup on the 650 controller so I set the "setenv master" command to the controller's IP, and changed the "setenv remote_ap 1" to the AP name I assigned on the RAP whitelist. Now will zero touch provisioning work when pointed at an IP or is this intended to be a remote only function?

I plan to continue following the guide to set up my WLAN  are there any adjustments  in WLAN setup I need when useing zero touch?

Thank you

It should work but:

1.  You need a RAP Pool Setup

2.  You need the AP whitelisted

3.  The AP needs to be able to reach the IP address of the controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

Hi Cjoseph,

can you please share zero touch configuration link.?

thank you

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: