Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

I've created an ACL to my internet facing VLAN and configured a DST-NAT rule to allow RDP to an inside host.

This is working just fine when I use  "localip" as destination, but I would like to use another IP on the WAN-subnet for this kind of traffic. But I can't get the WLC to respond to the traffic. I believe this is an issue with proxy ARP.

ip access-list session ACL_WAN

any   alias localip tcp 3389  dst-nat ip 10.103.10.23 3389 log 

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

borgermeister wrote:

I've created an ACL to my internet facing VLAN and configured a DST-NAT rule to allow RDP to an inside host.

This is working just fine when I use  "localip" as destination, but I would like to use another IP on the WAN-subnet for this kind of traffic. But I can't get the WLC to respond to the traffic. I believe this is an issue with proxy ARP.

ip access-list session ACL_WAN

any   alias localip tcp 3389  dst-nat ip 10.103.10.23 3389 log 

AFAIK, you can only do this for an ip address that exists on the controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

Just what I was worried about...

Do you have a tip for a work around or something?

Guru Elite

borgermeister wrote:

Just what I was worried about...

Do you have a tip for a work around or something?

I do not have a workaround, but you can enter this as a suggestion on the Ideas Portal here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: