Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba 651

Hello

This question may sound abit odd but I hope not. :) I do structured cabling and fiber etc here in calgary alberta canada and I use mainly pfsense, hp procurve products but 2 months ago I came by some Aruba IAP-93 and a Aruba 651 controller. my question is and Im sorry if I sound like a newbie here folks, but can this 651 be setup to use with my shaw cable modem as a replacement to my linksys WRT160N. Any help would be awesome people.

Thank you :)

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba 651

I donot see a problem on replacing the Linksys to Shaw modem. As long as the linksys provided public IP or Natted Private IP we should be good. 

Vinod Kumaar AVM ACMX, ACDX
Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
New Contributor

Aruba 651

Hello vkumaar

Thank you very much for getting back to me. So what your saying is that I can get rid of the linksys router WRT160N and use the Aruba 651, what port would I plug the cable modem into , 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ? ports 0 - 3 are poe and the other ports are not poe, also I was told that the license that comes with this unit is for the poe ports.. Will this affect me at all ? :)
\

Thank you

Terry Anderson

Structured Solutions
Aruba Employee

Hi, 

there is no WAN and LAN ports like Linksys. These ports can be assigned to VLAN and ACT as L2 and L3 interface. You locally route and bridge the traffic using 651 controller.

Vinod Kumaar AVM ACMX, ACDX
Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
MVP

you got it worked out Acroyear? an enterprise product like Aruba usually requires some (more) configuring then a consumer product. what you want is certainly possible but it will require configuring the 651 with IP adresses and possibly DHCP, NAT depending on your situation.

MVP

you have some configuration to do .

• you have to know that Aruba Controller  Act like a layer 3 switch, it do not contain layer 3 port but SVI (you have to configure Vlan and there intrface).
  • Aruba controleller is a DHCP server
  • it can source nat users traffic as needed

you can find a user guide here

Documentation

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
New Contributor

Aruba 651

Hey Boneyard

No I did not get it worked out, all good thou... I'm having some issues just seting the 651 up with some IAP-93 Ya the Aruba stuff I dont really use to much, but I tell you it's rock solid when it is setup. I just need to find some to set it up for me. lol

Terry
New Contributor

Aruba 651

Hello rchahboune

Thank you for that info... it will help me along.. one thing I love the most since I joined the forum is everyones enthusiasm and willingness to help others out. That is awesome. !!!!

Thank you

Terry / Acroyear
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: