Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Aruba AOS and Cisco NAC Guest Server

Has anyone successfully integrated an Aruba controller with a Cisco NAC Guest server? If so, could you point me in the right direction? I have a mixed environment (Cisco/Aruba) and I wanted to use the existing NGS server for both controller types. I was hoping to have the Cisco NGS host the guest web page so I didn't have to upload custom files on ALL of our Aruba controllers.

Is there a way to configure a virtual address that can be used for the Aruba controllers as a virtual interface to communicate with the Cisco NGS for guest authentication?

Presently, if I want to use the NGS as an external host for serving the guest page and also authentication, I have to put the IP address of the sending controller in the HTML of the hosted page in order for it to authenticate with the NGS and redirect.

i.e. <form method="post" autocomplete="off" action="https://w.x.y.z/auth/index.html/u"> (and of course I get an SSL warning when I do this)

This blows the whole point of having a centralized server hosting the page as I would still have to customize each hotspot depending on controller.

With a virtual address, I can set a DNS entry and it should hopefully work (at least it does with the Cisco controllers virtual addresses).

We are running 6.1.2.6 on the majority of our controllers and our NGS is at 2.0.2 right now.

TIA,

Ric

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba AOS and Cisco NAC Guest Server

Did you open a case with Cisco and ask if they can work with 3rd-party devices?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: