Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license

Posted Mar 02, 2017 01:03 PM

Hi 

I'm working in my LAB setup, with 1 x Mobility Master, 2 x virtual MD and 1 x virtual stand alone controller.

I've installed all licenses on MM - but i need to register the PEFV license. And as far as I can see - this cannot be added to the MM - but needs to be added to the standalone controller. 

But when I try to register it - i have these issues: 

1 - when registerting using MMs passphrase I get error Unable to decrypt when trying to install license (both tried MM, MD and Standalone) 

2 - when trying to registert to standalone controller there's no passphrase, only SERIAL in the license bit. And when choosing MOBILITY CONTROLLER in licensing portal - it doesn't recognize my serial number .... 

I'd like to try the IAP VPN during the weekend. And - is it true that IAP VPN can only be terminated on standalone Virtual controllers, not Virtual MDs? Cannot terminate on HW MDs? 

• 2.  RE: Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2017 05:33 PM

turned out to be rather easy, on standalone controller: 

show license passphrase

registert license - all good to go

• 3.  RE: Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 09:12 AM

Sorry, just saw this, there is a bug in the 8.0.1 that prevents displaying the passphrase in the VMC GUI. It should be fixed in 8.1. You found the right workaround though. Thanks!