Wireless Access

Contributor I

Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license

Hi 

I'm working in my LAB setup, with 1 x Mobility Master, 2 x virtual MD and 1 x virtual stand alone controller.

I've installed all licenses on MM - but i need to register the PEFV license. And as far as I can see - this cannot be added to the MM - but needs to be added to the standalone controller. 

But when I try to register it - i have these issues: 

1 - when registerting using MMs passphrase I get error Unable to decrypt when trying to install license (both tried MM, MD and Standalone) 

2 - when trying to registert to standalone controller there's no passphrase, only SERIAL in the license bit. And when choosing MOBILITY CONTROLLER in licensing portal - it doesn't recognize my serial number .... 

I'd like to try the IAP VPN during the weekend. And - is it true that IAP VPN can only be terminated on standalone Virtual controllers, not Virtual MDs? Cannot terminate on HW MDs? 

Contributor I

Re: Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license

turned out to be rather easy, on standalone controller: 

show license passphrase

registert license - all good to go

Re: Aruba AOS virtual stand alone controller - activate PEFV license

Sorry, just saw this, there is a bug in the 8.0.1 that prevents displaying the passphrase in the VMC GUI. It should be fixed in 8.1. You found the right workaround though. Thanks!

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: