Wireless Access

Contributor I

Aruba AP-275

Hello,

I`ve searched the site and can not find the IP address. Can someone please let me know what is the default  IP address and password for the Aruba AP-275, I`m attempting to configure the unit via web UI as a STAND Alone UNIT any help is appreciated, if theres any additonal information that i may need to configure the unit as stand alone please send that as well.

Kirk

Re: Aruba AP-275

If this is an AP-275 you will need to configure it from a controller. If this is an IAP-275 it will obtain an DHCP IP address from the local LAN it is plugged into. Once the IAP-275 has obtain an IP address you will see the Instant/SetMeUP SSID. The default IAP-275 username and password is "admin"

These videos will walk you through setting up an IAP.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/aruba-instant/instant-training/

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply,

WOW, what are my options? a phyical controller if so can I use the aruba 650 branch office controller? or is there anyway such as a virtual controller for setting up the AP?

Kirk

Yep, if this is an AP-275 you can use a physical controller. The 650 will be able to terminate the AP-275 but will only support up to ArubaOS 6.4.x (in case you need to upgrade in the future...). So maybe a 7005 controller would be a safe bet.

If you wish to configure the 275 series as a standalone AP, then you would need to purchase the IAP-275 model. There is no way to convert the AP-275 into an IAP-275 version.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
Contributor I

Thanks for all your help. I Believe its a better option to use the IAP-275 version, I was under the impression I could use the AP-275 as stand alone when I bought the unit.

Kirk

Yeah go with the IAP version. Easier to deploy, no licenses and can be managed via a controller if needed at a later date!

Sent from my iPhone

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
Contributor I

Hello,

I received the new IAP-275 its going to be local setup on my mac mini, ive watched the videos on how to setup the unit, how ever i`m having a dificult time setting this AP up i have a solid RED light also im not able to see the SSID that i can connect to configure the unit. pleae help.

Kirk

Guru Elite

How are you powering the AP-275?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Which LED is solid red?

Sent from my iPhone

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
Contributor I

I`m powering the IAP-275 poe, its new out the box, I`m not seeing the setup  SSID to locally configure the unit as stand alone.

Kirk

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: