Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

Posted May 11, 2018 02:50 AM

When trying to configure the AP, I follow these steps:

1. Power on the IAP by using an AC adapter. The System Status LED always keeps blinking green.

2. After a couple of minutes, the Radio Status LED keeps blinking green and Instant SSID appears. The System Status LED is still blinking green. I connect to the SSID and try to reach http://instant.arubanetworks.com but the page cannot be reached.

3. Shortly, I get disconnected from the Instant network and Radio Status LED stops blinking. I can still see Instant SSID but I cannot connect to it. Radio Status LED starts blinking again after some time and then stops (this behaviour continues).

Can you please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly? I am following the configuration procedure from Aruba Instant Quick Start Guide.

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 11, 2018 04:39 AM

Hey, this is the correct procedure for configuring an IAP. How is the IAP obtaining an IP address, is it via DHCP? 

Are you able to ping instant.arubanetworks.com and then connect to the IP address (https://x.x.x.) via https? Also try another browser in case there is a certificate warning preventing you gaining access to the GUI.

It might also be worth attaching a console cable and seeing if there is any messages on the console pertaining to the radio behaviour you are seeing.

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

Posted May 11, 2018 07:04 AM

Hi,

Yes, the AP gets the IP address through DHCP.

I am not able to ping instant.arubanetworks.com

C:\Users
    aida.kukuruzovic>ping instant.arubanetworks.com

Pinging instant.arubanetworks.com [169.254.139.173] with 32 bytes of data:
    General failure.
    General failure.
    General failure.
    General failure.

Ping statistics for 169.254.139.173:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::943:f317:8616:9b03%3
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.31.98.216
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.31.98.1

I tried doing HTTPS do the gateway but I get a certificate warning and after that the page does not load.

I have tried using different browsers.

Unfortunately, I do not have a console cable with the correct connector (4-pin).

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 11, 2018 07:48 AM

To confirm this is an IAP (not AP), you can confirm that by checking the back of the AP and looking at the sticker. 

Is the IAP obtaining a DHCP IP address from the local network? If this is the case can you browse to the IAP using a wired connection on the local network using ssh and https?

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2018 05:30 PM

@NaidaKukuruzovicwrote:

Hi,

Yes, the AP gets the IP address through DHCP.

I am not able to ping instant.arubanetworks.com

C:\Users
    aida.kukuruzovic>ping instant.arubanetworks.com

Pinging instant.arubanetworks.com [169.254.139.173] with 32 bytes of data:
    General failure.
    General failure.
    General failure.
    General failure.

Ping statistics for 169.254.139.173:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::943:f317:8616:9b03%3
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.31.98.216
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.31.98.1

The IP address for your wireless client looks good, but is your DHCP server trying to give the IAP a 169.254.0.0/16 IP address? If that's the address that is instant.arubanetworks.com is being translated to, it looks as though the IAP is having problems getting a DHCP assigned address.

If that address range is intended, windows also has problems routing to that network range, which may be complicating your troubleshooting.

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP-315 Configuration Issue

Posted Sep 27, 2019 06:35 AM

Good morning I have the same problem! I have an IAP 315 and I can't access the configuration page. My DHCP router correctly assigns the I to my IAP 315 but I can't log in from multiple brwosers. It's not a question of a certificate, it doesn't load the page !!! Another strange thing sometimes repeats to the ping not always! what can I do ? I bought 2 and with both I have the same problem !! what am I doing wrong Thanks