Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP SNMP sysLocation

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP SNMP sysLocation

Posted Oct 10, 2013 04:05 PM

Does anyone know a good way to get a list of ALL the APs SNMP syslocation definitions? I have changed my way of nameing and provisioning APs and need to updated all the sysLocations. First I need to take inventory and see what sysLocations are defined on the APs. Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP SNMP sysLocation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 04:46 PM

@KadeCole wrote:

Does anyone know a good way to get a list of ALL the APs SNMP syslocation definitions? I have changed my way of nameing and provisioning APs and need to updated all the sysLocations. First I need to take inventory and see what sysLocations are defined on the APs. Thanks. 

Show ap provisioning will show you the sysLocation for each access point.  Airwave also collects this variable:

(Aruba3600) #show ap provisioning ap-name Closet-105

AP "Closet-105" Provisioning Parameters
    ---------------------------------------
    Item                                                             Value
    ----                                                             -----
    AP Name                                                          Closet-105
    AP Group                                                         default
    Location name                                                    N/A
    SNMP sysLocation                                                 N/A
    Master                                                           N/A

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP SNMP sysLocation

Posted Oct 10, 2013 04:50 PM

Yeah I was able to see that but I was hopeing that there was a command like show ap database long that would print a list of ALL APs so I did not have to go through them one by one.

Or is there a command I can run to pull this info from Airwave? 

Thanks. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP SNMP sysLocation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 04:59 PM

Unfortunately, there is not.  The syslocation variable is stored in the access point flash and it is not used for anything or kept in any database on the controller, so it will not show up in any other list.

What I would do is get an excel spreadsheet and copy and paste a column of "show ap provisioning ap-name ". The next column should have a list of your access points.  The third row should have " | include sysLocation" .  You can copy and paste them one row by one into the controller to obtain the results or all of them at one time, while enabling logging on your terminal program.  Here is one line of what it should do:

(Aruba3600) #show ap provisioning ap-name Closet-105 | include sysLocation
    SNMP sysLocation                                                 N/A

You would have a line for each access point command with the sysLocation right under it.  I hope that makes sense.