Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP105 configuration

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP105 configuration

Posted Feb 21, 2013 01:22 PM

I have an Aruba 650 controller and am connecting AP105s to it with AirWave/Activate.  I'm currently troubleshooting routing issues i'm having.

When logged into the AP CLI - running the command 'show datapath route' displays what I call 2 routing tables.  I'm guessing one is for the virtual controller and the other is for the AP and associated clients?  ANyways  - my show datapath route has a default route that uses a gateway that is not correct.  I also somehow have a route for 128.0.0.0/4 using a correct gateway.  So I can access cnn.com for example because it pings to 199.x.x.x but google is 74.x.x.x so I cannot access this.  The google would fall under the default route statement and cnn would fall under the 128.0.0.0/4 route statement.

My question is how do I make changes to the routing table on the AP that the associated clients use?  The 128.0.0.0 routing statement is using my firewall as the default route which I want the 0.0.0.0 to use.  Its as if I have a tunneling issue but Im not sure where the 128.0.0.0 route even came from - where is this defined?  How can I change this routing table? 

On a side note - on the GUI of the AP I can click configuration / VPN / Routing Tab and see a totally different routing table than the two in the APs CLI 'show datapath route'

Any help is appreciated.

Zach

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP105 configuration

Posted Feb 21, 2013 02:50 PM
      |   view attached

Hi

i hope i understood you right :smileyvery-happy: you have iAP-105 connected with vpn to A650 controller right? :smileysurprised:

45645645645.PNG

if so please read bellow info:

Capture666.PNG

Capture22.PNG

please download and read the following pdf: (please read page 3)

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/IAP/963/1/ArubaOS%206%201%203%201-RNG_%20Release%20Notes.pdf

3435435345.PNG

I also attached the userguide for u the read the need info (start from 243)

let me know if it gave u some idea

rgrds.

me

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP105 configuration

Posted Feb 25, 2013 03:54 PM

Thanks for the response.  Aruba support has notified me that we have a bug and I am awaiting a patch release expected next week sometime.

From my iAP - 'show datapath route' - I do not see my default route statement correctly.  This is the issue.  I have manually created routes. - 2.0.0.0 254.0.0.0 gateway / 4.0.0.0 252.0.0.0 gateway / 8.0.0.0 248.0.0.0 gateway - etc.