Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba ARM Features

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba ARM Features

Posted Feb 27, 2017 04:30 PM

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm looking into different deployments and I'm still confused on some of the features that Aruba has and their requirements.

If going the Central or AirWave management route using IAPs, are the ARM features like Client Match and its settings such as band steering and load balancing enabled? Or do I have to use controller-based management that features ArubaOS such as the Mobility Controller in order to have access to these features?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Aruba ARM Features

Posted Feb 27, 2017 04:44 PM

Good evening,

I'm not sure at 100% of my answer but for me if you design your architecture with Instant AP (IAP), you have access to all the features available in ArubaOS without buying additionals licenses and it's independent of the management solution you will decide to use (Central or Airwave).

Hope this post help you.

Regards 

• 3.  RE: Aruba ARM Features

Posted Feb 27, 2017 05:56 PM

The Virtual Controller technology in Aruba Instant is capable performing Adaptive Radio Management (ARM). Depending upon the size of your deployment, you can choose between a controller based or IAP cluster based deployment.

As far as technology goes, IAP can be performed by an IAP. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba ARM Features

Posted Mar 01, 2017 09:38 AM

Thanks for all the answers.

The reason why I asked in the first place is that only the Mobility Controller datasheets are referring to the ARM features.

After more research, it seems that the reason to go with a controller-based option depends on the size of the deployment along with the extra wireless intrusion protection features for the most part.

• 5.  RE: Aruba ARM Features

Posted Mar 01, 2017 08:30 PM

Just in case you need a reference for IAP datasheet regarding ARM:

https://www.hpe.com/h20195/V2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04692928