Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Guest count

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Guest count

Posted Oct 30, 2017 06:01 PM

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the guest connection means in Aruba Central under Guest Access > Overview? I thought it is the number of guest users at the time, but while doing a troubleshooting I have noticed that these numbers change considerably when switching this overview between last day, week and month. Here you are my screenshots:

guestcount_day.JPGguestcount_week.JPGguestcount_month.JPG

Taking 30 October as an example, shouldn't these numbers be the same, at least approximately?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Guest count

Posted Oct 31, 2017 12:10 PM

Hi gurus,

Any insight about this?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Guest count

Posted Oct 31, 2017 01:50 PM

Are you trying to say that what you see in the dashboard doesnt match the actual count of guest users ?

Essentially the amount of connections will increase or decrease as you modify the filter , if you increase the time period you will see a higher number of devices over time? 

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Guest count

Posted Oct 31, 2017 02:06 PM

Hi Victor,

What I mean is that at the same moment, the number of guest users is different depending on the filter (day, week or month). If you see the screenshots, the number of guest users at October 30th 13:00h is 14 (when filter is day), it is 77 (when filter is week) and it is 133 (when filter is month), but in the three cases the day and hour is the same, then the number of users should also be the same regarding the filter.

Regards,

Julián