Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Splash Page not working

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Jun 21, 2017 06:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the Splash Page for visitors in Aruba Central. I have configured the Splash Page profile and assigned it to the Guest Captive Portal Profile in the Security section of the Guest Network. When I access this Guest Network and self-register with my email, I get the following error:

splashpageerror.PNG

However, I receive the registration details email with my username and password. I don't have any network controller configured since I am using Aruba Central with one Instant AP.

I am using the Aruba Central 90 days trial.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Jun 21, 2017 06:30 PM
    Did you enabled the cloud guest service under keys assignment?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Jun 21, 2017 07:04 PM

Hi Victor,

Thanks, I didn't know you have to enable cloud guest service under keys assignment. After enabling, I have tried again to access the guest network, and when I self-register with my email and click on "Register" button, I get the following error:

splashpageerror2.png

It seems I can't access "https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/login" and the internet connection icon at the lower right corner shows "No internet access". I can't ping 8.8.8.8.

What is wrong here?

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Jun 22, 2017 09:58 AM

Hi Victor,

Could you check this? I definitely must enable the cloud guest service under keys assignment, but after enabling the problem persist. Once I enter my email the splash page redirect me to securelogin.arubanetworks.com, but it seems this URL is unreachable:

C:\Users\julian.ortiz>nslookup securelogin.arubanetworks.com
    Servidor: google-public-dns-a.google.com
    Address: 8.8.8.8

*** google-public-dns-a.google.com no encuentra securelogin.arubanetworks.com: Non-existent domain

Do you know what is wrong?

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 22, 2017 01:49 PM

Hi Victor,

After opening a TAC case the problem was fixed. The solution is to Overrrid Common Name under Splash configuration from "securelogin.arubanetworks.com" to "securelogin.hpe.com", as showed below:

splashnewconfig.PNG

It seems they are migrating their servers or something like that. After making this change, the Splash Page works properly.

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Jun 25, 2017 11:14 PM

Hi Julian,

By default , once you click on the login button, credentials should be posted to CN of the cert used for captive portal on IAP.

This allows the IAP to generate a radius request to clod guest servers & client gets authenticated.

We had an issue where the POST was not occuring correctly & this will get fixed.

So, for the time being, you can make use of override CN parameter.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Jul 06, 2017 08:11 AM

Hi Julián,

Thanks for that, I must have spent about an hour thinking I was doing something wrong.

Working now.

• 8.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Sep 19, 2017 10:25 AM

It not working here on Android 4.0 with both securelogin.arubanetworks.com or  securelogin.hpe.com.

On others Android Nugget, Iphones and WindowsPhones, the securelogin.hpe is working.

• 9.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Sep 19, 2017 12:18 PM

I have the exact same issue. Everything seems to work with the securelogin.hpe.com DNS except from Andriod phones. I'm running Andriod 7.0 and it can't seem to resolve either domain name either.

Any help would be much appreciated?

• 10.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted Sep 19, 2017 12:29 PM

Hi guys,

Could the problem be the client? I have Samsung Galaxy with Android 5.1.1 and it works with securelogin.hpe.com.

• 11.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2018 09:16 PM

Same problem, I'm in version 2.4.1 of the central, the configuration is what you recommend and does not redirect in Android devices only it does in IOS devices.

Any suggestions?

• 12.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted May 15, 2018 11:27 PM

Hi Cesar,

Are you seeing the issue with specific Android version ?

Please attach screenshot of the web browser when you try to access any website once you are connected to the cloud guest SSID ?

Hvae you tried incognito mode on the Chrome browser to rule out any cache etc related issue ?

• 13.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2018 02:19 PM

Hello Nitesh

My device is samsung note 5 version 7.0,VersionAndroid.png

The authentication is done by SMS or email, after choosing the SSID, opens the splash page where we register here is where the detail begins because it does not redirect, no matter which page is. if it connects us and we can navigate without problem, it just skips or omits opening the page that we redirect.

On iOS devices after registration, you redirect us to the page we put

The detail is that in automatic when I connect to the ssid sends the landing page the registry allows it what it does not do is open the redirecting page.

Thanks for your time and help

regards

• 14.  RE: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Posted May 16, 2018 09:26 PM

Hi Cesar,

Are you hitting the following issue by any chance :

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Captive-portal-Issues-with-Android-7-in-Central/td-p/300273

Does captive portal works fine on Android versions other than Andorid 7 ?