Wireless Access

Super Contributor I

Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the Splash Page for visitors in Aruba Central. I have configured the Splash Page profile and assigned it to the Guest Captive Portal Profile in the Security section of the Guest Network. When I access this Guest Network and self-register with my email, I get the following error:

splashpageerror.PNG

However, I receive the registration details email with my username and password. I don't have any network controller configured since I am using Aruba Central with one Instant AP.

I am using the Aruba Central 90 days trial.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Julián

Re: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Did you enabled the cloud guest service under keys assignment?

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Super Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Thanks, I didn't know you have to enable cloud guest service under keys assignment. After enabling, I have tried again to access the guest network, and when I self-register with my email and click on "Register" button, I get the following error:

splashpageerror2.png

It seems I can't access "https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/login" and the internet connection icon at the lower right corner shows "No internet access". I can't ping 8.8.8.8.

What is wrong here?

Regards,

Julián

Super Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Could you check this? I definitely must enable the cloud guest service under keys assignment, but after enabling the problem persist. Once I enter my email the splash page redirect me to securelogin.arubanetworks.com, but it seems this URL is unreachable:

C:\Users\julian.ortiz>nslookup securelogin.arubanetworks.com
Servidor: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

*** google-public-dns-a.google.com no encuentra securelogin.arubanetworks.com: Non-existent domain

Do you know what is wrong?

Regards,

Julián

Super Contributor I

Hi Victor,

After opening a TAC case the problem was fixed. The solution is to Overrrid Common Name under Splash configuration from "securelogin.arubanetworks.com" to "securelogin.hpe.com", as showed below:

splashnewconfig.PNG

It seems they are migrating their servers or something like that. After making this change, the Splash Page works properly.

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

Hi Julian,

By default , once you click on the login button, credentials should be posted to CN of the cert used for captive portal on IAP.

This allows the IAP to generate a radius request to clod guest servers & client gets authenticated.

We had an issue where the POST was not occuring correctly & this will get fixed.

So, for the time being, you can make use of override CN parameter.

New Contributor

Hi Julián,

Thanks for that, I must have spent about an hour thinking I was doing something wrong.

Working now.

Contributor I

It not working here on Android 4.0 with both securelogin.arubanetworks.com or  securelogin.hpe.com.

On others Android Nugget, Iphones and WindowsPhones, the securelogin.hpe is working.

New Contributor

I have the exact same issue. Everything seems to work with the securelogin.hpe.com DNS except from Andriod phones. I'm running Andriod 7.0 and it can't seem to resolve either domain name either.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Super Contributor I

Hi guys,

Could the problem be the client? I have Samsung Galaxy with Android 5.1.1 and it works with securelogin.hpe.com.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: