Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the Splash Page for visitors in Aruba Central. I have configured the Splash Page profile and assigned it to the Guest Captive Portal Profile in the Security section of the Guest Network. When I access this Guest Network and self-register with my email, I get the following error:

splashpageerror.PNG

However, I receive the registration details email with my username and password. I don't have any network controller configured since I am using Aruba Central with one Instant AP.

I am using the Aruba Central 90 days trial.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Julián

Re: Aruba Central Splash Page not working

Did you enabled the cloud guest service under keys assignment?

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Regular Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Thanks, I didn't know you have to enable cloud guest service under keys assignment. After enabling, I have tried again to access the guest network, and when I self-register with my email and click on "Register" button, I get the following error:

splashpageerror2.png

It seems I can't access "https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/login" and the internet connection icon at the lower right corner shows "No internet access". I can't ping 8.8.8.8.

What is wrong here?

Regards,

Julián

Regular Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Could you check this? I definitely must enable the cloud guest service under keys assignment, but after enabling the problem persist. Once I enter my email the splash page redirect me to securelogin.arubanetworks.com, but it seems this URL is unreachable:

C:\Users\julian.ortiz>nslookup securelogin.arubanetworks.com
Servidor: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

*** google-public-dns-a.google.com no encuentra securelogin.arubanetworks.com: Non-existent domain

Do you know what is wrong?

Regards,

Julián

Regular Contributor I

Hi Victor,

After opening a TAC case the problem was fixed. The solution is to Overrrid Common Name under Splash configuration from "securelogin.arubanetworks.com" to "securelogin.hpe.com", as showed below:

splashnewconfig.PNG

It seems they are migrating their servers or something like that. After making this change, the Splash Page works properly.

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

Hi Julian,

By default , once you click on the login button, credentials should be posted to CN of the cert used for captive portal on IAP.

This allows the IAP to generate a radius request to clod guest servers & client gets authenticated.

We had an issue where the POST was not occuring correctly & this will get fixed.

So, for the time being, you can make use of override CN parameter.

New Contributor

Hi Julián,

Thanks for that, I must have spent about an hour thinking I was doing something wrong.

Working now.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: