Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Cloud, Instant, and/or Controller Web API

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Cloud, Instant, and/or Controller Web API

Posted Dec 02, 2014 11:12 PM

I've got a small lab in my home office and built myself a mini-NMS (simple web dashboard) to pull in basic info like device status, uptime, etc. and also give some basic functionality like batch commands, controls over PoE ports for hard resetting APs, or even reboot switches and routers directly. I am looking for a way to pull stats from my Aruba gear without opening an SSH session that I'd need to parse through (and might change slightly enough between version to throw everything off) or the need to crawl a webpage. For status I can simply do a ping check or something else rather basic but to report uptime, enable/disable radios, or reboot I've not seen anything I can do other than SSH for local devices and web crawling for the Cloud control panel.

From what I know, Airwave would fit the bill nicely as a replacement for my homebrew solution but I don't think Santa is that generous. Are there any accessible APIs on the equipment or cloud that would let me do this? If not, does there happen to be some secret corner of Airheads (or the Internet) where people have written and published any of their own scripts for this sort of thing?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Cloud, Instant, and/or Controller Web API

Posted Dec 20, 2014 10:45 AM

wouldn't SNMP be the way to handle this?

• 3.  RE: Aruba Cloud, Instant, and/or Controller Web API

Posted Dec 20, 2014 12:38 PM

Sure, SNMP is one way to go about it but I try to avoid it as much as I can. Web based APIs open up a lot more possibilities as far as integration of various systems.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Cloud, Instant, and/or Controller Web API
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2014 01:58 PM

• 5.  RE: Aruba Cloud, Instant, and/or Controller Web API

Posted Dec 20, 2014 02:04 PM
    That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!