Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Aruba Controller Captive Portal

Dear All,

A customer has a project to deploy about 100 Aruba access points with an Aruba controller.

I would like to know if aruba controllers can provide the following features (if so, please specify the model or the licenses needed) :

• Captive portal that will forward the users of the company to the LAN and Internet and forward Guests only to Internet.
  • Store logs (credentials, visited websites, connections time and delay, etc) for one year
  • Central administration

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba Controller Captive Portal

@AngeARUBA1987 wrote:

Dear All,

A customer has a project to deploy about 100 Aruba access points with an Aruba controller.

I would like to know if aruba controllers can provide the following features (if so, please specify the model or the licenses needed) :

• Captive portal that will forward the users of the company to the LAN and Internet and forward Guests only to Internet.
  • Store logs (credentials, visited websites, connections time and delay, etc) for one year
  • Central administration

The Policy Enforecement Firewall, PEFng for short, license will allow you to define policies that allow corporate users to access internal and Internet resources, while guest users only access Internet resources. 

For long term storage of logs, this would be done off-box from the controller. Airwave is the centralized management platform for wireless, and can be configured for long term log retention and rotation.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor I

Hello Charlie Clemmer,

Thanks for your answer...that's clear

Occasional Contributor I

So, to sum up, I need this bundle license : (SKU : JW471AAE) : Aruba LIC-ENT Enterprise (LIC-AP LIC-PEF LIC-RFP and LIC-AW) Licence Bundle E-LTU because it consists of LIC-AP, Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall license and Airwave license.

Aruba Employee

@AngeARUBA1987 wrote:

So, to sum up, I need this bundle license : (SKU : JW471AAE) : Aruba LIC-ENT Enterprise (LIC-AP LIC-PEF LIC-RFP and LIC-AW) Licence Bundle E-LTU because it consists of LIC-AP, Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall license and Airwave license.

Yes, that covers the software licenses needed. The bundle license also includes the RF Protect license for WIPS functionality.

While the Airwave licenses are included, you'll also need the server hardware to run Airwave on. 

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks a lot...I will prepare 2 virtual machines with External Syslog server and Airwave

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: