Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Apr 26, 2013 01:39 PM

Hello,

First post in this forum, as my company is a new adopter of the Aruba equipment.

Right now I have the following scenario in my lab:

AP-105->JuniperSRX220->Internet Clound->3200

At this point we're still in the design phase of our products.  We will be using some bulkier 7000 series controllers in the future, but this lab is still basically the scenario I'm trying to run down.

We're going to deploy a product providing wireless on all, wired on some endpoints to our customers.  We'll have one centrally located Aruba Mobility controller cluster here in our Headend, and at each location we'll be deploying an SRX series Juniper, with Aruba APs behind it.

Has anyone had any experience of using the mobility controller as basically a VPN concentrator for a 3rd party device, like this Juniper, and create a secure IPSEC tunnel between the two, so that the APs, and wired ports behind it can all be provisioned and run through that Ipsec tunnel?

Please let me know If I need to provide more information to clarify.

Thanks everyone.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Apr 26, 2013 01:49 PM

I have not done this with Juniper SRX, but should be possible.    Have you had a look at the "Working with Site-to-Site VPNs" section of the Virtual Private Networks chapter of the user guide?   It lays  out the Aruba side of the configuration; but does not get into specifics of the 3rd party (Juniper in this case).  

• 3.  RE: Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Apr 26, 2013 01:55 PM

I've not yet no, we're still fairly new in the rollout of this and I was just curious if it was possible so I don't go running down a rabbit hole. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Apr 26, 2013 04:11 PM

I haven't done it either but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Here's some of the instructions on to setup the site to site VPN (Aruba side):

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/VPNs.php

• 5.  RE: Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Apr 26, 2013 04:13 PM

Thanks a ton, I'll dig into this and see what I can do.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Apr 26, 2013 04:16 PM

• 7.  RE: Aruba Controller as VPN concentrator for 3rd party equipment (Juniper SRX series)

Posted Jul 24, 2014 12:44 PM

Currently learning about the controller vpn capabilities.

What time of licensing is needed on the Aruba controller for this type of setup?