Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Dropping Wireless Traffic

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Dropping Wireless Traffic

Posted Jun 26, 2014 01:21 PM

Hi,

I have a little problem with one application, that's not working in wireless machines.....

My scenario is:  1 controller (3200) and some Access Points (AP-105 - RAP) operating as bridge.

The application works this way: the client machine (windows XP ou 7) opens a telnet session (port 23) to a server, and after enter the login and password, the server connects back to the client machine (port 6400).

client   ----> SYN -----> server  (telnet)
    server ----> SYN  ----> client (port 6400)

When the client machine is on the network cable, no problem. But when the client machine is wirelessly, the second part of the application (server connecting to the client) does not work.

I've check eveyry User Role and ACLs, and I don't find why this trafffic is blocked. I also tried to configure a wireless network with all User Roles Authenticated (permit all-all).

Anyone has some ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Vinicius

• 2.  RE: Aruba Dropping Wireless Traffic
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2014 01:28 PM

if you have a RAP, it does not allow unsolicited traffic to flow into the RAP, unless the user first initiates it.

In the AP-group of the RAP, you need to change the AP-Uplink-ACL to "allowall" to change that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Dropping Wireless Traffic
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2014 06:49 AM

Hi,

I've changed the AP-Uplink-ACL, and now it works. I'm monitoring this week, and no problem happened.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Regards,

Vinicius