Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba IAP 105 Bandwidth throttled to 60%

I'm not able to get complete internet bandwidth even if Transmit rate is 300 Mbps. My input internet bandwidth is 250Mbps. Even at TX 300Mbps, I see max 160Mbps with speedtest.net  If I get any other router/access point, I do get 250Mbps. I see the bandwidth is always throttled to 60% of transmit rate available. This is not the case with other Wi-Fi routers I was testing. I'm on firmware version 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.2_54910

Here are few settings which I have tried:

ARM

Band steering mode: 5Ghz

Airtime fairness mode: Preferred Access
Min transmit power: 12

Max transmit power: Max

WLAN setting

Broadcast filtering: ARP

Multicast transmission optimization: disabled

Dynamic multicast optimization: disabled

My full dump of running configs I have attached.

Any pointers to resolve this issue would be of great help.

Thanks!

Re: Aruba IAP 105 Bandwidth throttled to 60%

The connection speed in Wireless is not equal to the TCP Throughput that you measure with a SpeedTest.

First, there is a lot of error correction and other overhead second Wireless is a half-duplex medium. So the traffic from AP to the client shares the same 'airtime' with the traffic from client to AP. As a (very) rough estimate, if you get half of the link speed as TCP throughput in a linktest, the network is performing quite okay and that is expected.

The numbers that you report seem pretty acceptable to me for a 300 Mbps 802.11n connection. You can't expect to get a speedtest at the rate something even near to the link speed.

This advertised speed versus nominal TCP throughput is something across the industry where higher numbers look better on datasheets.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: