Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP VRRP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP VRRP

Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:13 AM

I am programming a large amount of Aruba IAP 325 access points for a customer that we normally provide controller based solutions for and I am having some issues mimicing our controller config onto an IAP. I know it is impossible to get all of the features, but I would figure VRRP settings would be pretty standard unfortunately I am unable to find any VRRP settings or settings to mimic what I do with VRRP on our aruba controllers.

We run the following commands on our Aruba controller:

vrrp 129

priority 110

authentication [Password]

ip address xx.xx.xx.xx

vlan 129

preempt delay 0

tracking master-up-time 30 add 20

no shutdown

!

vrrp 118

authentication [Password]

priority 110

ip address xx.xx.xx.xx

vlan 118

preempt delay 0

tracking master-up-time 30 add 20

no shutdown

I am sure it is somewhere obvious, but Is there a way to mimic these specific commands function within the aruba IAP?. Authentication is absolutely needed.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP VRRP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:15 AM
    Why is the VRRP needed?

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP VRRP

Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:23 AM

From what I understand they use 129 for master redundancy and they tie VRRP 129 into the following command:

master-redundancy
    master-vrrp 129
    peer-ip-address xx.xx.xx.xx ipsec [Password]

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP VRRP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:28 AM
    You can create a virtual IP on the IAP management subnet that the virtual controller will always answer to. If that AP goes down, another IAP in the cluster is elected as the virtual controller and will immediately answer to that IP address. That construct replaces master redundancy.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP VRRP

Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:34 AM

I figured this would be the answer to 129 after thinking about it, but for 118 I think they use this VRRP authentication for their captive portal I see a command for:

ip cp-redirect-address 

Pointing back to the same IP as the VRRP setup for 118 which is their VLAN for the guest network.

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP VRRP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:51 AM
    The internal captive portal page on IAP is rudimentary. If you want it to look good the page would be hosted on an external web server. There is no IP cp-redirect equivalent in IAP.

• 7.  RE: Aruba IAP VRRP

Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:59 AM

Thanks a lot for your help I guess I just needed a second set of eyes