Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Aruba IAP305, guest network not getting DHCP IP

Provided by Avaya POE switch.  I can ping all AP's IP addresses just fine.

Are my setup all correct?

Occasional Contributor I

By the way, I have no problem getting IP assigned and stay connected to the wifi network in the production network.  So that tells me that there is no physical connectivity problem.  

I have come acrossed another thread from 2015 and I'm reading over it now, it seems to describe my problem.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Local-DHCP-Scope/td-p/225860/page/2

Guru Elite

The resolution in that thread was a configuration, not a code issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Seems to be the same exact same problem I have.  The times that I do get an IP, it's from the virtual controller.  If I am standing by an AP that's not the VC, then connection fails without an IP address assigned.  Is my solution then creating a separate VLAN on the switches and trunk all AP's, create a scope on the internal DHCP server in the prod network to assign IP addresses?  It seems odd to me that only VC can assign IP to a guest network when the virtual controller managed option is chosen, and all the other AP's I connect to will not assign IP's, even though they all use the same config?

Occasional Contributor I

I just checked the other deployment I did in the past, using five IAP103 units on firmware v6.4.4.8 also powered via POE switches.  I am using virtual controller managed and "default" as vlan assignment option for the guest network.  And I have no problem getting an IP assigned via any AP, and the switch ports are not in trunking mode.  The other difference is that place uses Adtran switches.  

I am going to try using the "default" option for vlan assignment and see what happens.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: