Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Mobility Controller Help

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 13, 2012 11:31 AM

New to the Aruba.

Trying to create a new Wireless network, that mirrors the current internal wireless network, but can't seem to get it to work.

Used the Wizard and walked it through, added the DHCP and VLAN in the Switches driving the network.

Need assistance with this process.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 13, 2012 01:36 PM

What exactly is not working?  Are you able to connect to the SSID but no IP address?  Did you provision an WAP? 

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 13, 2012 03:22 PM

Well, the site is already established with several WAPs, a single Wireless Network SSID and 2 Captive portals.

I need to basically copy the Wireless SSID and change the VLAN it points to and a name change.

I have walked through the WLAN wizard, and the customer can see the newly created SSID/network, it prompts to enter a password but states "Unable to connect".

• 4.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 13, 2012 07:16 PM

There could be a number of issues.  You menteiond Network SSID and 2 Captive Portals.  I assume the issue you are having is with the Network SSID, which means that it is a WPA2 Enterprise or WPA2-PSK authentication.  Can you clarify how this SSID is configured for authentication?  You mentioned you are prompted for password but unable to connect.  Is this a username/password or just password?  Are you using RADIUS/LDAP for user authentication?

If you could post your configuration, it will be helpful or post some more details about the setup you are trying to replicate.

-Mike

• 5.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 14, 2012 09:01 AM

No Radius/LDAP.

WPA2, with prompting just for Password.

The current working SSID I believe prompts for UN & PW.

I am able to SSH to it, but the enable password is not taking. Tried the password forgetme! process, but it will not take.

Started the Controller Wizard, but the prompts to change status and IP ranges are stoppin gme from completing that process.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 14, 2012 09:05 AM

If it's prompting you for username/password then you did not setup the configuration correctly.  It sounds like during the wizard you selected WPA2 enterprise.

If you do not have the enable password, you need to be connected to the serial console to reset the password.  I do not believe you can do this over SSH.

If you can post your configuration, it would be best.  You can get the configuration from doing a backup and extracting the configuration file after downloading the file.  Obtaining a flashbackup can be done via the WebUI.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 14, 2012 09:13 AM

What is the process to get the backup from GUI?

• 8.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 14, 2012 09:16 AM

On the WebUI do the following:

- Go to the Maintenance Tab

- Select "Backup Flash" on the left

- Click on "Create Backup"

- Once completed, click on "Copy Backup", it will take you to another screen

You will need to send the file to a TFTP, FTP or SCP server.

You will then have "flashbackup.tar.gz" file, which you can open and look under the config directory for the active configuration.

• 9.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 14, 2012 09:32 AM

I have Tftpd32 running on the PC I use to manage the Aruba on.

BUt, I can't seem to open the file. What application is used for this? Tried notepad, but it is encrypted/giberish.

• 10.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller Help

Posted Jun 14, 2012 09:35 AM

I have the TAR file on my local PC, but am hesitant to post it here. Email?