Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

MVP
    Posted Mar 24, 2014 08:36 AM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post this incase anyone else runs into the same issue. We've been running Aruba OS 6.1.3.2-airgroup for several months without any major problems. After upgrading to 6.4.0.1, all of our HP AirPrint printers stop communicating with the controller after about 20-30 minutes. We would have to restart each of them to become visible again. But sure enough, a short time later, they would stop working. Note that this problem happens in OS 6.3 as well.

I reported this to Aruba and apparently it's a known bug that engineering is working on. Here is the response I received from Aruba:

Confirmed Nathan that the issue is a known issue. Reported to the Engineering team with ID 85098. 

Explanation: 

1) HP printer initially responds to all the requests from controller, however later it stops responding. So users are not able to reach the printer. After AAA idle timeout the printer is removed from the controller entry.. 

Next Action changed to: 

customer roll back's the controller to previous code version. Case can be closed. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

Posted Sep 18, 2014 05:45 PM
    I also have this issue with a Apple OSX 10.8 and a 10.9 print server. My iOS devices are happy printing and then 60 plus mins after it all stops. Only way for iOS to see printers again is restart the OSX print servers. If I disable Airgroup and use an old Netgear AP ( no Airgroup functions) the iOS never drops the printers from the OSX server.

Did you get anything back from Aruba? I am running 6.4 on a 3400 controller and still see the issue. Can't downgrade due to needing 6.3 + for the AP225 setup that we run. :( not happy as I spent 3 days testing as I couldn't tell if it was Mac server or Aruba controller at flat.
    #AP225

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

Posted Jan 20, 2015 01:52 PM

any update? I'm seeing the exact same issue with a OSX printer server 10.9 and 10.10. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

MVP
    Posted Jan 20, 2015 01:54 PM

No update here. I was told by an Aruba tech that it was a known issue and that I should wait for a patch/fix. Haven't heard anything since.

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

Posted Jan 20, 2015 02:11 PM

Thanks - btw I'm running 6.3.1.14 on the controller. 

• 6.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.1 and HP AirPrint

MVP
    Posted Mar 03, 2015 09:26 AM

Hello again,

It looks as if the bug has been fixed in 6.4.2.4 as shown in the bug fix below. I can confirm that the issue is now resolved for us after upgrading.

image002.png