Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

Posted Aug 28, 2014 12:18 PM

Say I am connecting to the controller via a RAP or even just a different subnet. I'd like to be able to see hits as they come through the firewall, or perhaps even be able to filter from the IPs coming in. 

As far as I can see I only see hits to specific ACLs, which is all well and good, except that I didn't configure any of them so I am being forced to reverse engineer it.

Anyway, long story short, is there a way to tell what IP/host is attempting to connect to the controller at a given time?

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

Posted Aug 28, 2014 12:22 PM

Is not real time but you can take look using the show acl hits or from gui firewall hits

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

Posted Aug 28, 2014 12:28 PM

The problem with show acl hits, or the firewall hits section of the gui is that I don't see a way to tell which host is hitting there. I can see the New Hits and the Number of hits, but is there a way to actually see what is hitting that ACL?

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2014 12:25 PM
    ?Show datapath session? will show all traffic through the controller. You can add include or exclude modifiers to narrow down the traffic.

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

Posted Aug 28, 2014 12:29 PM

Thanks olino, that's exactly what I needed. 

• 6.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

Posted May 01, 2018 03:37 PM

Did anyone ever answer this or provide any options.

• 7.  RE: Aruba OS 6.4.0.3, is there a cli or gui way to view Firewall hits in Real time?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2018 03:42 PM

There are quite a few answers in this thread.  Did you find any of them satisfactory?