Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba OS 8 Licensing Mobility Controller

I have stood up a mobility master and mobility controller VM's. The mobility master has a valid license just fine. On the mobility master I can see the Mobility Controller....however, the license key generated for the Mobility Controller doesn't seem to be working. I get "Failed to decrypt key" when I enter the license key. 

Anyone have any idea/suggestions? I wanted to ask the community first before opening a case with TAC. Thanks!

Re: Aruba OS 8 Licensing Mobility Controller

Make sure there's no spaces

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

I am having the similar errors installing my VMC license on my VMM web admin app.   see the details here:

License key:xxxxxxx
Registration ID:xxxx
Product number:JY904AAE
Product name:Aruba MC-VA-1K (US) Cntlr 1K AP E-LTU
Quantity:1
PassPhrase:xxxx ( from my VMM)

is this the correct product name for VMC license in a VMM?

I can confirm i used the pass-phrase from my VMM creating the VMC key. i know the passphrase works ok sicne the PEFNG, RFP and AP licenses installed on the VMM using the same VMM passphrase. 

if I try instaliing they key on the VMM in the MM->configuration->system->licensing->mobility master licenses I get the error:

"Adding non-centralized license is disallowed on SC.”

if I try instaliing they key on the VMM in the MM->configuration->system->licensing->controller licenses: (drill down and I select the VMC), I get the error: "Failed to decrypt key”

I am sure there are no spaces in the key.

PS, i tried on the CLI of the VMM and the VMC and got the same errors.

Please assist.  Thank you.

Neal

New Contributor

Hey Guys.... please look into this issue.... I belive the eval licensing no longer worked for MM/VMC's 8.0.1.1.    I was able to install licenses for 8.1, VMM, MM/VMC, AP, PEFNG, RFP with no issues, but on 8.0.1.1, VMM, AP, PEFNG, RFP install ok, but the MM/VMC license will not install.  I generated a correct license using the passphrase from the VMM, but the MM/VMC license fails with the "Adding non-centralized license is disallowed on SC.” message.    Exact same generation/install procuedures worked on 8.1.   Can someone at Aruba licensing support acknowledge/confirm this issue... and possibly fix it.   I wanted to create an eval environment for 8.0.1.1 for education reasons as us instructors have to deal with 8.0.1.1 in the class room still.  Thank you

Neal

Neal, 

Did you ever find a resolution? I am having the same issue. 

Gary

There was a change in MC-VA licenses from 8.0.x (which were NOT region locked pre regulatory requirements while we got all the certs in place) and 8.1 which requires region locked MC-VA licenses (US/RW/IL/JP/EG, etc). So any of the licenses generated now for 8.0.1 won't work as 8.0.1 doesn't have the necessary decoders to 'understand' region locked MC-VA SKUs. I don't think there is a way to generate non-region locked MC-VA, but for evals since any MC-VA licenses defaulted to RW, you might try the MC-VA-RW on 8.0.1.1 MM and see if that works. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer

Thanks, but I'm still having an issue that the APs won't grab a license. 

VMC:

AP Database
-----------
Name      Group    AP Type  IP Address     Status     Flags  Switch IP     Standby IP
----      -----    -------  ----------     ------     -----  ---------     ----------
LabAP  default  205      10.129.32.170  Up 5m:14s  2IL    10.129.34.97  0.0.0.0
(VMC) #show license-usage ap

AP Licenses
-----------
Type                      Number
----                      ------
AP Licenses               32
RF Protect Licenses       0
PEF Licenses              32
MM Licenses               32
MC-VA Licenses            32
MC-VA country             US(Ter: US)
Controller License        True
Overall AP License Limit  0

AP Usage
--------
Type             Count
----             -----
Active CAPs      0
Active RAPs      0
Remote-node APs  0
Tunneled nodes   0
Total APs        0

Remaining AP Capacity
---------------------
Type  Number
----  ------
CAPs  0
RAPs  0
(-VMC) #show license

License Table
-------------
Key                                                                                   Installed               Expires(Grace period expiry)  Flags  Service Type
---                                                                                   ---------               ----------------------------  -----  ------------
xxxxxxx  2017-06-19 10:21:26[1]  2017-07-19 10:21:26            ED    MC-VA-RW: 1000

License Entries: 1

Flags: A - auto-generated; E - enabled; S - Subscription; R - reboot/activation key required to activate; D - Not enabled on license client

Note: Time under 'Installed' for Subscription licenses is the license generation time.

Mobility Master:

(ArubaMM) ^[mynode] #show license-usage ap

AP Licenses
-----------
Type                      Number
----                      ------
AP Licenses               499
RF Protect Licenses       0
PEF Licenses              499
MM Licenses               50
MC-VA Licenses            499
MC-VA country             US(Ter: US)
Controller License        True
Overall AP License Limit  0

AP Usage [Note: THIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT TERMINATE ANY AP]
----------------------------------------------------------
Type             Count
----             -----
Active CAPs      0
Active RAPs      0
Remote-node APs  0
Tunneled nodes   0
Total APs        0

Remaining AP Capacity
---------------------
Type  Number
----  ------
CAPs  0
RAPs  0
(ArubaMM) ^[mynode] #show license

License Table
-------------
Key                                                                                   Installed               Expires(Grace period expiry)  Flags  Service Type
---                                                                                   ---------               ----------------------------  -----  ------------
xxxxx 2017-06-19 09:48:24[1]  2017-07-19 09:48:24            E     MM-VA: 50
xxxxx  2017-06-19 10:37:51[1]  2017-07-19 10:37:51            E     Access Points: 2048
xxxxx  2017-06-19 10:38:50[1]  2017-07-19 10:38:50            E     Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module: 2048
xxxxx  2017-06-19 11:48:46[1]  2017-07-19 11:48:46            E     MC-VA-US: 1000

License Entries: 4

Flags: A - auto-generated; E - enabled; S - Subscription; R - reboot/activation key required to activate; D - Not enabled on license client

Note: Time under 'Installed' for Subscription licenses is the license generation time.

Am I missing a license? Every time I try to install a license on my VMC, I get an error "Adding centralized license is disallowed on local controller. Please install on Master controller." 

I only have 1 controller and 1 mobility master. 

If the VMC is tied to the MM (ala if the VMC is a managed node of the VMM) then you will not add any licenses to the VMC directly, everything MUST come from the VMM. 

Questions:

• Is your VMC showing up as a node on your VMM? If so, do a 'show switches' on your MM.
  • On your VMC, run 'show country'. I am wondering if your VMC is configured as RW, since there's an MC-VA-RW on yoru VMC

Lets get the output from your VMM "show switches" and from your VMC "show country".

Jerrod Howard

Thanks for the reply! 

The MC shows up as US and managed: 

(VMC) #show switches

All Switches
------------
IP Address    IPv6 Address  Name        Location          Type  Model       Version        Status  Configuration State  Config Sync Time (sec)  Config ID
----------    ------------  ----        --------          ----  -----       -------        ------  -------------------  ----------------------  ---------
10.129.34.97  None          VMC  Building1.floor1  MD    ArubaMC-VA  8.1.0.1_59688  up      UPDATE SUCCESSFUL    10                      20

Total Switches:1
(VMC) #show country

Model:ArubaMC-VA-US
Regulatory Domain:Restricted US

What does the MM show from 'show switches'? You may want to open a TAC case to get them to look at your logs, etc. 

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: