Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 12, 2013 02:28 PM

This morning I upgraded from Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 to 6.2.1.5 on a 3200XM controller. I had 29 ap's before the reboot and 27 after. 2 of them mysteriously changed to Air monitors.

I made sure "Mode aware ARM" was unchecked and made sure the group they are provisioned to is set to ap-mode. 

Does anyone have a clue what the issue could be?

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 12, 2013 03:17 PM

Hi,

From the output to "show ap debug received-config ap-name [AP Name]"   do you see mode = ap-mode?       If the mode = am-mode,  I would check, if the RF Plan has the AP defined as an AM.

Thanks,

--Kevin.

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 12, 2013 03:38 PM

Hi Kevin, it shows up as a monitor. These two AP's are part of a group that use the same profile as 8 other AP's and the other AP's are fine and have not went into AM mode. RF is defined as ap-mode.

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 12, 2013 03:45 PM

Just noticed something else, when I go to my AP list both the AP's are flagged as E which means " E = Regulatory Domain Mismatch"

All Regulatory domains state "US" on the controller and on the profile.

Also, I switched back to my old boot partition, and everything came up just fine.

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 12, 2013 04:52 PM

I have not seen an issue in this area.

Please open a case with TAC with the serial number of the AP and the "Regulatory Domain Mismatch" message.   They should be able to verify, if there was a failed  compliance check.

Thanks,

--Kevin.

• 6.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 19, 2013 05:59 AM
    Those 2 AP's would not to be allowed in your country domain. All those Ap are of same model?

• 7.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Dec 19, 2013 11:20 AM

syedmuradali,

All of our AP's are 105's or 125's and all were purchased from the same vendor. Also when I run a debug on them they spit out US domain. The controller runs fine on the default software (ArubaOS 6.1.3.1) and throws up no flags, its only when we try and update the software(ArubaOS 6.2.1.5) that we have issues. This is using the same configuration.

• 8.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Jun 18, 2014 01:39 PM

I just experienced this exact issue, what was the resolution to this problem?

• 9.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Jun 18, 2014 01:42 PM

Im thinking the newest OS isnt compatible with our 3200xm controller. I switched to the newest version of 6.1 which is 6.1.3.11 and everything was back to normal. I dont have a definite anwser on this being the case but it would seem so. I tried multiple different settings trying to make the new OS work but nothing seemed to take.

• 10.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 09:57 PM

Techie-CSD,

If you have an ap-specific profile for that AP, remove it. 

• 11.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

Posted Nov 10, 2018 06:11 AM

Dear Team,

I have Aruba Controller  Model No. 

Model:Aruba3200-US
    Version:6.4.2.5

I have iap 135 and converted it to AP 

But it was showing Flag E - Regulatory Mismatch Error

What is the  solution ?

• 12.  RE: Aruba OS Upgrade Issues - AP's Changed to AM's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2018 07:44 AM
    Your instant APs must be in the US regulatory domain (to match the regulatory domain of the controller)   If not they will change to AMs when you convert them and try to terminate them on a controller.

SSH into the controller and type "show ap database" to see if there are any flags.