Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS queries

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS queries

Posted Feb 03, 2015 06:19 AM

Hello, currently using ArubaOS and looking at possibly moving onto clearpass. Our 3rd part support has asked me a couple of questions relating to the potential upgrade.

• The average number of unique authenticating end points for Radius clients in a 24 hour period
    • The average number of unique mac addresses for Guests in a 24 hour period

Due to my current lack of Aruba skills (which im working on) - can anyone tell me how i would find out the answers or where i s hould be looking

Many Thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS queries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2015 07:05 AM

The controller does not keep historical data and it would not be able to tell you that information.  If you have Airwave deployed, there are client reports that would be able to tell you those numbers.

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS queries

Posted Feb 03, 2015 09:22 AM

Thanks Colin.

How do i know if i have airwave deployed ? This environment was setup a few years back before my time.

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS queries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2015 09:41 AM

drn,

Airwave is an optional piece of management software.  It could poll the controller without any specific entries on the controller pointing to it, besides an snmp read string, so there is no way to know if it exists in your network.

You could type the following to see if it is somehow defined:

show configuration | include mgmt-server

If there is output with an ip address, try to login to that server using a browser.  If there is nothing there, you probably do not have Airwave.  If you don't have Airwave, you should work with the vendor to determine your licensing requirements.