Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

Posted Jul 24, 2011 05:14 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

How to configure the Aruba S3500 do user authentication through captive portal?
    Because i already have the captive portal which is up and running for wireless connection for user do the authentication.

I manage to configure S3500 tunneled node to Aruba Controller but now the problem is captive portal authentication. I use existing captive portal setting.

My computer plugin to S3500 switch and manage to redirect me to captive portal but it can't do authentication because when i enter username and password it doesn't get through.

May i know how to configure the S3500 switch do the captive portal authentication like Aruba AP did?

I have attached screen capture. About the Aruba Controller. Under Monitoring>Tunneled Node Ports the Aruba Controller can see the Switch. But under Configuration>AP Installation doesn't see the S3500 Switch.

Please advise.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2011 08:00 AM
    Type "show user-table " on the Aruba controller to see if you have that wired user in the table (it should be there). The user should have a role. On the Aruba controller, go into that role and make sure that role has a Captive Portal Authentication profile (configuration> Security> Access Control. Edit the Role that the wired user is in). Now, go into the Captive Portal Authentication profile and make sure that it is pointing to a server group that has credentials to authenticate your user (configuration> Security> Authentication> Layer3 Authentication> Captive Portal Authentication profile ).

Your Captive Portal authentication profile might have a server group that your user is not in. Add the proper server group so that authentication passes.

• 3.  RE: Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

Posted Jul 25, 2011 01:14 AM
    Can wired authentication profile use existing wireless authentication profile?

• 4.  RE: Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2011 07:22 AM
    Yes.