Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

Hi,

How to configure the Aruba S3500 do user authentication through captive portal?
Because i already have the captive portal which is up and running for wireless connection for user do the authentication.

I manage to configure S3500 tunneled node to Aruba Controller but now the problem is captive portal authentication. I use existing captive portal setting.

My computer plugin to S3500 switch and manage to redirect me to captive portal but it can't do authentication because when i enter username and password it doesn't get through.

May i know how to configure the S3500 switch do the captive portal authentication like Aruba AP did?

I have attached screen capture. About the Aruba Controller. Under Monitoring>Tunneled Node Ports the Aruba Controller can see the Switch. But under Configuration>AP Installation doesn't see the S3500 Switch.

Please advise.
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba S3500 Switch Captive Portal User Authentication

Type "show user-table " on the Aruba controller to see if you have that wired user in the table (it should be there). The user should have a role. On the Aruba controller, go into that role and make sure that role has a Captive Portal Authentication profile (configuration> Security> Access Control. Edit the Role that the wired user is in). Now, go into the Captive Portal Authentication profile and make sure that it is pointing to a server group that has credentials to authenticate your user (configuration> Security> Authentication> Layer3 Authentication> Captive Portal Authentication profile ).

Your Captive Portal authentication profile might have a server group that your user is not in. Add the proper server group so that authentication passes.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

Can wired authentication profile use existing wireless authentication profile?
Guru Elite

Yes.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: