Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Virtual Internet Access does not attempt to connect

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Virtual Internet Access does not attempt to connect

Posted Jul 02, 2015 05:54 PM

If this is not the right place for this question I'll be glad to take a pointer to a more appropriate location.

Running Aruba Virtual Internet Access 2.1.1.4.61631

Have had this installed on my personal laptop for access to my company's network.  Working fine for quite some time, with one caveat.  Often, when I first start it up, after passing the opening "Connection Details" window (selecting RSA Securid Authentication) the main window opens, showing a status of "Connecting".  But that's as far as it goes.  The Diagnostics tab shows nothing .. no messages at all.  Usually when this happens I exit the app and restart it, and everything is fine, but a couple of days ago ... nothing.  Every restart is the same - select the authentication profile, then the main windows opens showing 'connecting', and nothing more happens.  This is the same installation that has worked for me for well over a year, and this refusal to work at all just started a couple of days ago.

Yes, I've tried rebooting.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Virtual Internet Access does not attempt to connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2015 06:27 PM
    You should open a TAC case in parallel. It could be quite a few things.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Virtual Internet Access does not attempt to connect

Posted Jul 03, 2015 11:57 AM

I'll give that a try.  Thanks for the pointer.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Virtual Internet Access does not attempt to connect

Posted Jul 03, 2015 12:00 PM

Well, it appears that open a support case, I have to have a support contract number.  Makes sense, but that will have to go back to my Network Admin guy.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Virtual Internet Access does not attempt to connect

Posted Jul 08, 2015 04:47 PM

Does the VIA client show the network as trusted or un-trusted that you are trying to connect to?