Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Aruba VoWLAN - Shoretel and Polycom 84XX

Hi,

I have a lab environment with Aruba 650, Shoretel PBX/IP phones and Polycom 84XX handsets. I was able to setup calls pretty much from following the available configuration guides, however I had no voice path between 84XX client in either PTT or voice call mode.

I ended up putting additional firewall rules to allow the PTT multicast traffic and RTP between wifi clients.

I can understand the need for the PTT rule, but the user-user RTP rule looks like a bug in Aruba SIP ALG, since it should behave consistenly. 

Could anyone comment on this?

thanks

darren

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba VoWLAN - Shoretel and Polycom 84XX

What are your firewall policies on the Aruba controller for those devices?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

All the rules were taken from this document http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/user/products/voice/VIEW_Aruba_Mobility.pdf

I had to build another session rule for the PTT function, IPv4 any to multicast destination 224.0.1.116

and another session rule IPv4 user-user any traffic to get voice path between 2 wifi phones.  

Guru Elite

So let's see the ones you have configured.  Whatever role you have configured, please type "show rights <role>" so we can see.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

attached.
Guru Elite

Here is what you can do:

While you are making a call, type "show datapath session table <ip address of client>" and paste the output in here so we can see if your RTP sessions are being dropped or classified.

Occasional Contributor I

2 outputs attached, one with the working call case (user-user rtp rule) and one without.

Guru Elite

What are the three hosts in the outputs? I do not see any denies....
Occasional Contributor I

252 and 244 are the Polycom 84XXs.

200 & 250 are the Shoretel (200 is SIP proxy address)

Guru Elite

I was looking to see denies. I did not see any. Does this work with an allow all?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: