Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

Posted Aug 11, 2017 05:33 AM

Hi all 

Im currently using Aruba AP 215 which broadcast SSID with authentication type WPA2-Enterprise. with clearpass connected to Active Directory with id created for login as authentication on that SSID. Now i got a problem with some of my windows user client. they cant connect on that ssid, which i tried on mac OS and phone can connect, but not all windows cant connect. please let me now if there's some action that i do.

Thank You Very much  

• 2.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 06:45 AM

For Windows to connect automatically, the windows computer would have to trust the server certificate and ClearPass would have to be part of the AD domain that the computer is in.  If ClearPass is not part of the AD domain of the computer and it does not have a server certificate that the Windows computer can trust, you would need to setup the Windows supplicant manually and uncheck "Validate Server Certificate".  Mobile devices and MacOSX are much more permissive and allow you to enter a username and password manually, whereas a Windows computer assumes that your radius server is already intergrated into the domain and already trusts the server certificate.

• 3.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

Posted Aug 11, 2017 06:49 AM

Thanks For reply

The clearpass already joined with the AD Server, so the possible issue is from the certificate of the server. and need to uncheck manually the validate on client side or server side ?

• 4.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 06:55 AM

In the client supplicant.

• 5.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 09:35 AM
    Btw, you should only be unchecking "Validate Server Certificate" in the laboratory. Unchecking that allows anyone to put up an SSID matching yours and steal usernames and passwords. To be clear, having Validate checked is a minimum requirement to prevent your usernames and passwords from being stolen or compromised..

• 6.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

Posted Aug 14, 2017 02:53 AM

Now the problem done, when i change the certificate, but it still got some problem for windows 7 and windows 8 operating system, on windows 8 user usuallya have notified the wifi adapter can't connect. same as windows 7.  Need advice

• 7.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 03:45 AM

Without knowing exacly how your supplicant is configured or seeing the error in access tracker, it is difficult to know what is going on.

However, perhaps you could try to strip out the domain portion of the username.  In your service on the Authentication tab, do this.

Snip20170814_5.png

• 8.  RE: Aruba WPA2-Enterprise Authentication didnt work

Posted Aug 14, 2017 04:19 AM

Ok Thank You for the suggestion sir, i'll try it first