Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Wireless Learning path?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Wireless Learning path?

Posted Jun 21, 2017 02:39 PM

Hello

I am a network architect and am trying to develop my skills in Aruba Wireless networks. I am conversant with the Cisco wireless networks and have tried to go through the documentation available in this community (which is quite huge).

I need your suggestions on the topics I should start exploring. What shall be my learning path?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Wireless Learning path?

MVP
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 03:46 PM

Are you trying to learn strictly from documentation or do you have some hardware to play with?

If you seriously want to learn the products I would advice getting a controller to play with. Manuals are great and all, but only go sofar.

If you do have a controller, start from the beginning.. run some wizards and figure out what they did config wise. If anything is unclear, then open the manuals (or come back here).

• 3.  RE: Aruba Wireless Learning path?

Posted Jul 07, 2017 11:28 AM

I do have access to a controller/Airwave/APs, but I wonder if there is (or if there are plans to create) a way for a learner to create a virtual lab? I don't want my learning to wreak havoc with our end users... 

Something like testout.com:

http://wwwnew.testout.com/courses/simulations